Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Owie! Owie! Owie!

One sunny August day, the football team went to Raging Waters (rather than practice). It was a reward for working hard at 2-a-day practices all week. The team came back with various bumps and bruises (what do you expect from a bunch of college boys at a water park?!). The large, very manly, very tough, college senior, defensive end came to me with a small scrape on his lower leg. You know the kind of scrape, it's like a floor burn/rug burn. The water slide wasn't wet enough and causes a friction burn on his leg. I'm sure it hurt.

I grabbed the hydrogen peroxide, gloves, gauze, band aids and Neosporin. I proceed to clean his "wound" with the hydrogen peroxide. This 250+ lbs MAN proceeds to whimper in pain. I glance up at him with my "really? It hurts that bad?" look. At this point, he thought it was a good idea to ask me to "blow on it."

I stopped, looked up at him, and asked "Are you serious? You want me to blow on your owie? Do I look like your mother?"

He slumped back down and dealt with the pain quietly.

1 comment:

  1. Re: your comment on my blog -
    I hope going to gecko heaven makes up for the fish and cricket hell in my future....

    ReplyDelete