Thursday, November 18, 2010

Triceratops?

My wrestling coach is a bit of a practical jokester. He is notorious for sending people to the band room for their mail, sending funny voice mails and texts, but his favorite thing to do is tease the foreign exchange students. A few years ago, he sent a kid in who hurt his shoulder. When we asked the kid what hurt, he pointed to his collar bone and said, "My vagina hurts."

Naturally, we giggled a little.

Today, a new foreign exchange student came in with a back problem. He said "Coach sent me in for a triceratops."

My student laughed and said "Excuse me?"

At this point, I knew what was happening and stepped in. He said "coach wants me to get a triceratops."

I asked, "Why? What's going on?"

"I wrestled yesterday and right here hurts."

"OK, let's put some ice on it and rest for the day."

Those damn triceratops can be painful!

3 comments:

  1. I hate it when my Triceretops hurt. I much prefer when my tricerabottoms hurt. I love that you love your job. It is so much better than being a millionaire typesetter, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your side of the story on your mom's blog.
    Incredible, sweetie... Makes me want to give you a big hug... I can't even imagine the hundreds of little ways it affected you...

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete