About 6 or 7 years ago I was going to college to become the wonderful person I am today, I was working at a local bakery, and just trying to survive the long college hours. I arrived home to see a cute little post card addressed to me. I got excited! I rarely got mail unless it was bills. I flipped it over to check out why I was receiving this post card. On the top of the card, in HUGE BOLD LETTERS read....
YOU ARE INVITED TO TRY OUT FOR THE BIGGEST LOSER!
Um, not the most exciting news one would like to receive in the mail, especially since I had just recently moved from single digit sized pants to double digit sized pants. That was a very very sad day for me, I was just starting to get over that trauma when I received this invitation. BAM! Blow to the self esteem!
I became offended and irritated. After all, I wasn't obese, just overweight from all the raspberry cream cheese tarts I got to eat while working. I put down the offensive, rude, insulting hate mail and tried to go on with my day. No such luck! Those nasty 10 words were haunting my thoughts. I went back to the spiteful piece of paper, continue reading the post card. In fine, tiny print read the following...
You could be the next trainer at the Biggest Loser Ranch!
Now don't you think they should have lead with that phrase...they were asking me to be the next Jillian Michaels, not the next obese-turning-skinny TV star. I kept the post card for years. It hung on the fridge next to the niece's/nephew's art work and wedding invitations. When I bought my home, I finally threw away the post card. I regret that action as now I could post the exact post card so you all can feel my rage then relief.
I had forgotten all about the small piece of hate mailed to me until last night. I received a text from my mom letting me know The Biggest Loser is doing casting calls this weekend. Thanks for the reminder Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment