While sitting in the training room one fine day I overheard 2 freshman football players discussing dating older women. These boys were 18 years old, first semester at college - they were livin' the dream. After a few minutes I interject asking what constituted an older woman. Here's how the conversation went.
"21. 21 years old is an older woman."
I chuckle.
"But I'd never date someone who was 23, that is sooo old! Can you imagine?!"
Me: "Hey, I'm 25, be nice."
"Oh my God! You are half way to 50. You are so old!"
"Get out of my training room! Now!"
"But don't feel bad, I'm half way to 36." Literally trying to make me feel better, as if being 36 was so old and anywhere near the half century mark.
"That makes me feel worse. Get out NOW!"
They leave with their tails between their legs. For months, whenever they would see me they would joke about a "half way party." Damn kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment