A little back story before I post this email I sent to my mom. While working a junior varsity baseball game in the spring I get called to the opposing team's dugout. A kid got hit in the left eye with a pitch. He is a right handed batter, was going in for a bunt and the pitch hit him in the eye. We had a great time making fun of this kid. While sitting in the dugout we joked about "keeping your eye on the ball" and other equally humorous one liners. Later that night, I show up to quilt night, proceed to make fun of this kid to the girls. We had a great laugh. Then this experience happend less than a week later. This is the actual email I sent to my mom the day of the incident. Enjoy.
OK, so do you remember at quilt night I made fun of a kid who got hit in the face by a pitch while trying to bunt? Remember how I said "How stupid must you be?! He didn't even move!" Remember that?! Do you?! So, karma's a bitch. By the way, I need to fill my karma bucket badly. Today, I'm sitting at work, sitting in the dugout (well, not inside the dugout, just at the top of the stairs) and karma got back at me for making fun of that kid. I was kind of paying attention, kind of not - my fault. Just then a foul ball comes whizzing into the dug out, the coach that was standing by me ran for his life. What do I do? Nothing, I watch the ball hit me. Hit me square in the thigh, right on my phone in my pocket. Yes, that brand new phone that I got because my old one broke. I hear a crunch. All the kids and coaches were concerned, my boss came running over to make sure that I didn't break my hip. It didn't hurt really. I've been hit worse, and it didn't hit me, it hit my phone.
Yep, my phone is broken. And the real bummer is that I didn't save my contacts to the SIM card! OOPS! Karma, she's a bitch sometimes! But the good news is I have a pretty cool indent in my thigh in the shape of my phone. I'm sure I'll have a pretty good bruise. I'm not kidding, that foul ball came at me at about 900 mph. It was like slow motion, I saw the ball coming but I didn't move an inch, not one single inch. It's a little tender, not too bad. Like I said I've been hit with worse. So, my dear mother, your daughter is an idiot. I'm sure my team is sitting at home telling their parents this story, telling them that their trainer is an idiot. I'm sure the conversation goes something like this "OMG! Our trainer is so dumb, she didn't even move when a foul ball came at her! Who does that? Who doesn't move when a ball comes at her?"
Please let this be a lesson to you, don't make fun of those that are stupid. It will come back to bite you in the ass, well actually the thigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment